How to Resize and Post Your Layouts in the Scrap Girls Online Gallery
Share your scrapbooking layouts in the gallery.
1. Go to Image> Image Size.
2. Make sure all boxes at the bottom are checked.
3. Change resolution to 72 dpi.
4. Change the width and height of the pixel dimensions to 600 pixels.
5. Make sure you change the resolution first. If you try to change the width first and then the resolution it will not resize right.
6. Resave your file with a different name and with the new dimensions to now post to the gallery.
How to Post Layouts in the Gallery
1. Log into the Scrap Girls message board. If you have not signed up for a user name, you can easily create a new user name which will give you access to the message boards and gallery.
2. Click on the Scrap Girls Layout Gallery to get into the layout gallery. This should be what you see first, with the newest layouts posted being shown.
3. Scroll down and choose a gallery topic in which you would like to post your layout.
4. Click on the gallery you wish to post in to open it. You will notice above that I am now in the Gallery> Family Kids and Pets section. Within this section you can also see additional subjects like pets, general, heritage, etc.
5. Click on the subject your layout fits in. You should now see the inside of this gallery, with all the layouts that have been posted to it.
6. On the top right hand corner there is a tab called "New Image." Click on this to start uploading your layout.
7. You will now see the screen below that asks you specific questions about your layout.
8. Enter a brief title for your layout.
9. Enter a brief description of your layout. It's appropriate here to also mention credits to kits, brushes, and supplies that were used in the creation of your layout. You can click on the little fun icons to the left to have them added to your description. You can also change the font size, color and type.
10. You will then scroll down and find an option called "Image to Upload."
11. Click on "Browse." You will then have a screen pop up for you to browse and find your resized layout on your computer.
12. Select your layout and click "Open."
13. You can now hit the button "Post Image."
14. You should now see your image at the very top in the gallery as the latest image uploaded. If you click on your image it will open the page and show a larger version of the layout, with the description that you had entered for it. You can then also see feedback and comments given about your layout. You also have additional buttons with options to delete, send as an e-card, edit, etc.
Tutorial written by Ro