The wonderful thing about our ScrapSimple line is how versatile it is. The grayscale templates allow you to customize everything to suit your project. You can match the colors in your photos, other products you are using, or you can create your own unique color palette. This huge range of options makes these products especially popular with crafters, card makers, and graphic designers who use our commercial license products as the jumping-off point for their own creative endeavors.
By far, Scrap Girls has the largest variety of templates on any digi site, so we want to break down for you what they are and how they can be used.
ScrapSimple is the brand name for Scrap Girls’ line of digital templates and tools. When you look through them in the Boutique, you will notice several different product types within the ScrapSimple line. They fall under two main categories: Templates and Tools. ScrapSimple Templates come in grayscale and can be colored to work with your specific scrapbook projects. This makes them one of the most versatile digital scrapbook products available. You will find embellishment, paper, word art, and alpha templates to suit any project. ScrapSimple products are ideal for commercial use or for any project where you want a particular look or color scheme.
ScrapSimple Tools are designed to work with Adobe products like Photoshop and Photoshop Elements (PSE) and include Actions, Styles, and Custom Shapes.
Let’s briefly review the ScrapSimple products available in the Scrap Girls Boutique:
- Embellishment Templates come in grayscale and often include layered PSD files as well as the standard PNG files, allowing you to customize the embellishments in an endless variety of ways. The examples below use color fills and digital papers with the Blending mode set to “Overlay” to color the templates.
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Bows Biggie
ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Handmade Flowers
Boy Oh Boy Collection Biggie
Love Bug Collection Mini
- Paper Templates are similar to embellishment templates. They come in grayscale and can be colored in many of the same ways. You can even combine different paper templates to create entirely new and unique papers.
- Word Art Templates allow you to create word art that matches your scrapbook pages perfectly. Some of the templates have Editable Text, allowing you to customize the wording as well! The example below is colored using styles, color overlays, and hue/saturation adjustments.
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Gold 8501
- Alpha Templates include individual letters that can be custom-colored to go with any color scheme. Many come with layered PSD files so you can customize each layer. The examples below are colored with both color fills and styles.
ScrapSimple Alpha Templates: Alphabetize Me
ScrapSimple Alpha Templates: Mixed Artistry
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Burlap 6302
- Layout Templates
These have the basic design of the scrapbook page done for you. You simply add your own papers, embellishments, and photos.
ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Template: 12×12 Confetti Mini
Layout Credits can be found here.
- Actions play a series of recorded steps in either Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. There are actions that create paper tears, realistic shadows, photo and texture effects, and so much more with just a few clicks. Check the Boutique listing for each action set to make sure it will work in your specific software program.
ScrapSimple Tools – Actions: Branded 10601 – PS
ScrapSimple Tools – Actions: Paper Tears 5001
ScrapSimple Tools – Actions: Paper Tears PSE 5001
Action Pack : Ultimate Artist
ScrapSimple Tools – Action s: Mega Lift II Circular Biggie
- Styles add layer effects to a single layer and are applied in a single click. There are styles to create drop shadows, glitter, glass, bubbles, frames, textures, frames, and so much more. In the example below, eight different styles were applied to the same shape.
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Wood 6301
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Paper Borders 6401 Biggie
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Fairy Dust
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Colored Pencils 5702 Biggie
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Metals 5001
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Corrugated Cardboard Glitter 6301
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Grungy Biggie Bits 5101
ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Opalescent Glass 6401 Biggie
- Custom Shapes are vector images that can be accessed with the Shape tool in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. Vector images can be scaled to any size and printed at any resolution without losing detail or clarity. You can use them with color fills or add papers and styles to custom shapes to quickly create unique embellishments.
Custom Shapes in Photoshop Elements