The first layout uses a photo of my grandfather holding my dad. Since it is a black-and-white photo, I chose a color palette with subdued neutrals and blues. The flowers have a bit of grunge, and I used them sparingly. The distressed frame and torn paper border add texture which can help create a more masculine feel.
- Choose a more subdued or gender-neutral color palette.
- Distressing and a little grunge can add a more masculine feel.
- Tie the color and style of florals to something in the photo.
- Add some masculine embellishments like metal, buttons, string, or wire in with the flower clusters.
- Try using distressed and frayed flowers or flowers with more texture like those made of burlap or canvas.
Go ahead and give it a try! We’d love to see how you repurpose your floral products for masculine layouts when you share them with us in the Scrap Girls Gallery.