We get a lot of questions regarding the difference between the Basic Studio software that comes with your Silhouette VS. the Designer Edition. So we thought we would talk a bit about the added features of the Designer Edition software.
Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition contains all the same functionality as Silhouette Studio® plus the following designer features:
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
Watch this video to see some of the features hands-on:
Here’s what Creative team member Lori Aragon has to say about the Designer Edition:
I’d like to share a couple of reasons why I use and LOVE the Silhouette Software *Designer’s Edition:
1. Although I didn’t need it for this project, I really like the ability to import svg files. There are lots of FREE files out there and many times they are svgs!
2. I frequently use the guides and rulers. When resizing or making sure things will be in the right place, these are indispensible! Grids are helpful too, but with the Designer’s Edition, you can go further with your creating 🙂
3. Lastly, I simply like all the bells and whistles lol! If I had to decide all over again, I would definitely purchase the Designer’s Edition. I’m very happy I did!!!