Let’s get started! First, open a new document 1275 by 1650 pixels. Drag in a background paper and resize it to fit your card.
I use a lot of contrasting borders on my cards. Since it can be a bit tricky to make even borders, we will go over how to create them in a bit more detail.
Note: I create borders using a layer mask to make the layer above the border paper smaller.
1. Make sure the paper you would like to make smaller is selected in the Layers panel.
2. Using the Marquis Tool, select the outside edge of your card.
3. Choose Select > Transform Selection in the top menu bar.
4. Hold down both the Shift and Alt keys while you resize, and the selection will stay centered on your page as you transform it. When you have the selection the size you’d like it, press Enter to finalize the transformation.
5. Click on the Layer Mask Icon at the bottom of the Layers panel to create the mask.
I copied and rotated the border embellishment to create a frame and then added a style from ScrapSimple Tools – Styles: Grungalicious Distress Autumn Biggie 8501 to it.