Each month we get a glimpse behind the scenes of our Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Club designers, and this month’s designer is Brandy Murry!
Click here to check out Brandy’s ScrapSimple Club at a great price!
1. Where did you find the inspiration for this club?
The club inspiration came from a photo of a bird that Jeroen took last year. I wanted to use it to create an artsy Valentine’s Day Card for him that put both of our works together. Each item in the club was used to make this layout. You see everything he saw, except the super secret lovey-dovey stuff that was written on the inside.
2. When you started working on your club, what was the first thing you did?
I created the Bird Layout first, Then I decided on the things I liked and made additions to the sets.
3. The club includes several products. Did you start and complete each one before moving on to the next?
I hardly ever work on one thing at a time, I like creating the layouts as I go so I can see what they look like together.
4. What was your favorite thing to design?
The ScrapSimple Paper Templates: Lighting Effects. I love these because you can use them subtly over and over again and they each add a little extra to your finished layouts.
5. How did you come up with the name of your club?
I chose “Ambiance” because of the colors I used for the club and all the soft blends and subtle lighting reminded me of dusk.
6. About how long did it take you to design this club?
It took me off and on about 2 weeks to design the elements of the club, then the layout samples & member’s only additions took another 2 weeks.