- Digital papers and embellishments
- Lightweight cardstock or medium-weight printer paper
- 3×4-inch plastic zip-top bags (for SMALL templates) – These are available at craft stores and WalMart in the craft section.
- Sandwich-size, plastic zip-top bags (for LARGE templates)
- Stapler or double-sided tape (or adhesive of your choice)
- Goodies to fill your bags!
These fun and easy-to-make printable treat bag toppers are perfect for birthday parties! Your party guests will be delighted to receive a personalized treat bag filled with candy, toys, and party favors! This printable craft also works great for showers, Halloween, stocking stuffers, and more. This set of templates come in PNG and layered PSD format which makes it easy to personalize for any occasion! You will find several topper designs in small and large sizes.
1. First, open up one of the ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Treat Bag Toppers 2 and make a duplicate copy (Ctrl+D), then close the original file.
2. Open some coordinating papers of your choice. Drag one paper onto your base and hit Ctrl+G (PC), Cmd+G (MAC) or select the layer from the menu and scroll down to “create clipping mask.” This will “adhere” or “clip” the paper to the base layer of your topper.
3. Now choose another paper and drag it on top of the next layer and clip it as you did in the step above. Notice I also added a white stroke to my top layer to give it a nice frame effect.
4. Add embellishments and text to the lower half of your Treat Bag Topper. You will see the blue guide marks, and keep your embellishments and text below the horizontal blue line as this will be the front of your printable treat bag topper.
If you prefer a 3D look, you can print out the embellishments separately, cut them out and use glue dots or double-sided sticky foam to make them pop!
5. After you are done decorating your topper, save as a PNG and also save your layered PSD so you can edit it if you ever want to use it again. Open a new blank 8.5 x 11-inch document and drag the PNG version over to this new document. You can fit several on one sheet.
You can also do several different topper designs and combine them on a sheet to print.
6. Print onto medium-weight matte photo paper or cardstock and cut out.
7. Fold in half.
8. Add candy to your plastic bags, add your printable treat bag topper to the top of your bag and staple at the sides or attach with double-sided tape
9. Add real buttons and ribbon to customize these even further.
ScrapSimple Craft Templates: Treat Bag Toppers 2
Spellbound Collection Mini
Merry Memories Collection Mini
Merry Memories Paper Solids Mini
Assemble Your Own Cards: Christmas Whimsy
A Waltz To Remember Collection