I’m a bit obsessed with organizing. I love containers that hold things. One time a fellow Scrap Girls designer, Kerry Veale, told me about “The Container Store”. I had never heard of such a place, but I imagine it would be quite heavenly.
Recently I took a trip to Walmart and I saw these plastic containers on sale for $3.50 each. I loved the happy, bright colors and since I had a bunch of stuff at home to store, I bought three of each color.
I got home and filled them up and now I wish I had more.
(Photo edged with Brush Set: Grungelle)
But since I’m also a fairly frugal person, most of my organizing efforts don’t involve buying the plastic tubs. Most of the “containers” I used to store stuff in are items that I’ve used for something other than what it was originally intended for.
Some of my current organizing containers are:
- A basket on my office shelving that holds pens, pencils, and markers
- A coffee mug from my sister that holds even more pens and pencils (this sits on my desk; with a broken handle, but I couldn’t bear to part with it)
- An old flower pot that holds office odds & ends (stapler, etc)
- A slender popcorn tin that now hold ribbons and fibers
- A pillar candle holder now serves as a display spot for my more bulky kitchen utensils
- A Starbucks gift box stores my collection of nail polish
- A plastic CD holder holds frequently used hair products
What things in your home you have repurposed for organizing?